1 cup oat flour
2 heaped tablespoons unsweetened cocoa flour
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
¼ cup Truvia sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 large egg whites
200g pureed fruit/unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients together
- Empty wet ingredients into the dry mixture and whisk well until thick and creamy consistency
- Grease a small baking tray and pour mixture in and smooth the top
- Bake for approx. 15-20mins. You can if cooked by placing toothpick in centre. It should come out fairly clean.
- Empty onto wire rack and cool.
Calories: 102, Carbs: 14.5g, Fat: 1.5g, Protein: 10g per serving if divided into 8
(Makes approx.8 large brownies or 12 small ones)
Unsweetened apple sauce isn’t that easy to come by so you can use pureed fruit pouches from the baby food aisle at most supermarkets. You can also use any stevia based sugar I just find you can usually use less of the Truvia compared to other types. I usually find a couple of tablespoons of Truvia makes it sweet enough. To make oat flour you can just grind up normal oats in a food processor or blender. You can use other flours such as coconut or quinoa flour you may need to adjust the quantities of the other ingredients accordingly and also the baking time. Anything with protein needs to be cook at a low temperature otherwise it becomes too rubbery in consistency. You may find you need to bake for longer than the suggested time.